With over 800 illustrations this book is intended to help with the identification of buckles which are by far the largest category of medieval and post medieval dress accessory to survive. The author has sought to obtain a balance between common and rare, plain and decorated buckles. Each chapter covers the development of a particular group of buckles based on the shape of the frame.
The chapters are:
Buckle Manufacture, Single Looped Buckles;
1250-1650, Buckles with Integral Plates;
1250-1500, Clasp Fasteners;
1300-1500, Annular Buckles;
1350-1720, Spectacle Buckles;
1350-1720, Rectangular & Trapezoidal Buckles;
1350-1700, Asymmetrical Buckles;
1350-1700, Two Piece Buckles;
1660-1800, Buckles as Jewellery.
At LP we like to keep things simple. You can choose to have your order shipped to you OR use our Local Pickup service.
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 (1-3 day delivery service) - £3.95
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 day delivery service) - £4.95
- DPD Next Working Day - £5.95
If you are spending over £50.00 the delivery cost is FREE and ALWAYS DPD!
Your order will be dispatched on a DPD Next Working Day service. With DPD you will also receive full tracking information and a 1 hour delivery window on the day.
Collect from LP Warehouse
Collect Mon-Fri 10am-4pm from our warehouse (14 Orchard Business Park, RG20 4SY
1. When you arrive call 01635 597975 and we will bring your order to you
2. Have your order number and Surname to hand
3. We verify your order & place in your vehicle or a safe distance from you
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.